Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Using a holistic systems engineering approach, evaluates end-to-end systems and service oriented products through their entire acquisition life cycle with academic knowledge to support at least one of the following systems engineering disciplines:
- Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods;
- Generates system level requirements, verification and validation procedures and customer acceptance test procedures;
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements or product specifications;
- Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development;
- Assesses interfaces and integrates system elements together so they work as a whole;
- Assesses performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures;
- Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with multi-discipline engineering teams to develop lower level detailed requirements;
- Participates in readiness reviews of components to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements through compliance verification, validation and transition;
- Participates in Lifecycle Readiness management including Independent Review Team and Readiness Review teams providing assessment of program readiness.
- Reviews test plans/procedures and ensures they meet the objectives of the contractual requirements and participates in the testing process to validate requirements;
- Identifies and supports the development and mitigation of risks and issues and identifies and supports the development and realization of opportunities through a risk and opportunity management process;
- Participates in the execution of a mission assurance program including the development and distribution of material to promote awareness and proper application of mission assurance standards.
Candidates are generally inexperienced with limited use and/or application of technical principles. Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope following detailed instructions. Work is closely supervised.
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
1) Active TS/SCI w/poly clearance
2) Systems Engineer domain experience in Intelligence Community (IC), Department of Defense (DoD), or Commercial IT programs
3) Minimum of 12 years with BS/BA, Minimum of 10 years with MS/MA, or Minimum of 7 years with Ph.D. related profession experience or years of experience in lieu of degree.
4) Ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
5) Strong written and verbal communication skills
6) Responsible, reliable and flexible
7) Passion for learning and knowledge transfer
1) Bachelor or Master degrees in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering or other Information Technology disciplines
2) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Management - Foundations and especially Practitioner Certifications
3) Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certifications
4) Exposure to Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings and service adoption
5) Ability to lead and influence
Job ID 2018-50788
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time