Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Experiences SI/SE that is familiar with the unique aspects of the customer’s classified mission and has successfully led acquisitions through the lifecycle. The position will directly support the government program manager in the acquisition of a new capability and the O&M of an existing capability. It is expected that the candidate will lead the development of acquisition documents to include SOWs, SSJs, SRD, URDs, CONOPS and other documents as necessary. In addition to supporting the acquisition life cycle, the candidate will implement sound Systems Engineering and Project Management to manage the Cost, Schedule, and Risk elements of the program. Customer is unique in organizational structure and governance, and has a wide range of external partners and stakeholders across industry and the US government. Candidates would be fully embedded at the customer location, and work side-by-side with their customer leads. Position currently requires local travel within WMA; overnight CONUS travel possible - anticipated once a month for a couple of days.
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Familiar with and experienced in the customer’s classified mission responsibilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- 10+ years supporting the IC in a customer facing Systems Engineering and/or Systems Integration capacity.
- Manage project schedule, costs, deliverables
- Flexible- respond to ad hoc, quick turnover tasking
- Proven record of building positive relationships with customers at all levels, as well as serve effectively as the customer’s representative in dealing with mission partners and stakeholders
- Candidate must be able to partner with SI/SEs and other support contractors across the customer organization in fulfilling the mission
- Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience with acquisition of systems to support customer mission including control gate and CDRL reviews.
- Experience with the development of acquisition documentation (SOW, CONOPs. SRD, etc.).
- Experience reviewing contractor proposals and facilitating internal reviews.
- Experience working with IC mission stakeholders.
- Experience with creating and maintaining integrated MS Project program schedules.
- Experience with reviewing RVTMs and factory acceptance testing.
- Experience with Operations and Maintenance phase of field systems
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, facilitating TEMs, creating meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Experience with performing a technical review of proposed system upgrades, design drawings, design analysis, DRs, and ICD's.
- Technical background (engineering) with Systems Engineering experience.
- Prior customer domain experience
- Military Experience
- Familiarization with customer finance, budget tools
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-49934
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time