Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist NASP in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
LANDMARK Ground Support Services (GSS) System Engineer - Position performs technical planning, systems integration, acquisition planning, risk analysis, and engineering analysis for major systems. The candidate is required to have a strong engineering background with focus on the development of CONOPS, software architecture solutions, acquisition related documents (SOWs, in-scope determinations, payment plans, etc) and requirements with significant Ground domain knowledge in mission technical capabilities and performance.
Daily interaction with customers and supporting contractors is required which necessitates technical consultation, meeting coordination, and preparation and support to technical briefings. The candidate will lead the development of plans and execute tasks to generate papers, reports and briefings for government review and acceptance, and provide subject matter expertise through the support of technical, top-level systems engineering activities to geographically dispersed teams. Also reviews program and project deliverables, as required, for both technical accuracy and quality, and leads and supports various program technical and management forums and meetings including Integration Reviews, Engineering Review Boards, Technical Exchange Meetings, Program Management Reviews, and Project Reviews. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Poly
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Domain experience in complex National Ground Systems
- Experience in customer systems engineering and acquisition processes
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments with multiple subcontractors
- Strong technical, communications, and coordination skills (written and oral)
- Strong interpersonal and customer intimacy skills
- Systems Engineering experience on large complex systems
- Acquisition experience on small to large systems
- Software development background
- Project management and acquisition management
- Understanding of programmatic processes, including configuration management, risk and readiness
- Ability to develop a highly effective working relationship with the customer
- Develop, coordinated and process request for changes
- Technical leader capable of delivering customer solutions in a timely fashion
- The ability to deliver on time-sensitive projects
- The ability to understand complex issues, to work with a team to develop closure plans
Job ID 2018-49834
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time