Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The specific position responsibilities focus will be working with other systems engineers and customer representatives to survey and assess the adequacy of documentation baseline in preparation for a series of future contract competitions. Comparing against a standard suite of program management and acquisition documents, each program will be evaluated to ensure there are no missing or incomplete documents. Missing or inadequate documentation will be generated updated directly or through a coordinated project effort, including support from subject matter experts. Typical documents will include program management plan, systems requirements document, concept of operations, System Test Plan, etc.
General Systems Engineer Job Summary: Using a holistic approach, designs, develops, evaluates and modifies end-to-end systems and systems-oriented products through their entire life cycle. Generates quantifiable requirements based on customer description, system planning and design, and acquisition logistics. Ensures requirements comply with client requirements and government standards through formal verification methods. Translates high level product development strategies into system requirement specifications and works with other engineering disciplines to develop lower level detailed implementation requirements. Establishes and coordinates development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development. Designs interfaces and brings system elements together so they work as a whole. Assists in the coordination and tracking of the baseline, baseline changes (builds and PRs) through the customer organizations. Maintain analytical tools and databases. Understand and assess program artifacts that define the operational baseline. Support user integration and engagement activities in support of planning and conducting of test, exercises and new mission operations. Work across the customer organization on user outreach activities. Support the application of CMMA processes and standards. Support the development of training materials, SOPs and other operational documentation.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- Experience with acquisition processes and space, ground or communications systems
- Experience with developing program management and acquisition documentation.
- System Engineering processes – full system lifecycle experience - interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development, and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Excellent Problem solving ability
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related field (Aerospace, Electrical, Math or similar technical degree (STEM)
- TS/SCI w/ poly
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS or 8 to 10 years with MS or 6 to 8 years with PhD.
- Experience with contract competitions and supporting documentation.
- Experience in developing resiliency systems, plans and conops to ensure high mission availability.
Job ID 2018-50574
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time