Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The selected candidate will support efforts to implement an enterprise level data services architecture, contributing to development of plans, user guides, training materials, and communications about tools and services.
- Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture.
- Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems.
- Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products.
- Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs.
- Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
- Provides direction for design activities.
- Develop process flows to describe business processes used by customers of tools and services, and, participate in agile/scrum processes including sprint and increment planning sessions, reviews, and retrospectives
- Establish and coordinate development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development.
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar degree
- systems engineering experience that includes systems architecture development and software development
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs (e.g. MySQL/TSQL/Oracle)
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining a large customer organization's data model
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and application
- Experience with implementing data analysis tools, evaluating various types of data, evaluating various datasets, and determining practical solutions to data challenges
- Knowledge of customer information security and data policies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a team environment and lead technical discussions
- CMMI/DMMI, DMBOK familiarity
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy, SharePoint
- Experience working in Agile development Environment
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50704
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time