Vencore Systems Integrator Senior Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.
- Experience across the entire engineering lifecycle of deployed large-scale systems: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Demonstrate experience with the design, integration, and test of unique customer specific mission hardware and software
- Familiar with and experienced in the customer’s classified mission responsibilities
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- 10+ years supporting the IC in a customer facing Systems Engineering and/or Systems Integration capacity.
- Manage project schedule, costs, deliverables
- Flexible- respond to ad hoc, quick turnover tasking
- Proven record of building positive relationships with customers at all levels, as well as serve effectively as the customer’s representative in dealing with mission partners and stakeholders
- Candidate must be able to partner with SI/SEs and other support contractors across the customer organization in fulfilling the mission
- Candidate must possess extensive knowledge of MS Office tools.
- Experience with acquisition of systems to support customer mission including control gate and CDRL reviews.
- Experience with the development of acquisition documentation (SOW, CONOPs. SRD, etc.).
- Experience reviewing contractor proposals and facilitating internal reviews.
- Experience working with IC mission stakeholders.
- Experience with creating and maintaining integrated MS Project program schedules.
- Experience with reviewing RVTMs and factory acceptance testing.
- Experience with Operations and Maintenance phase of field systems
- Experience preparing meeting agendas, facilitating TEMs, creating meeting minutes, and tracking action items.
- Experience with performing a technical review of proposed system upgrades, design drawings, design analysis, DRs, and ICD's.
- Technical background (engineering) with hardware and software integration experience.
- Military veteran
- Previous customer domain experience
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-50302
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time