Vencore Systems Integrator Technical Specialist in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.The individual selected for this position will be responsible for working closely with the customer management and staff personnel to provide overall Systems Integration (SI) support to an acquisition and governance team. The front office SI will provide programmatic, strategy, and technical guidance to the management on their projects, requiring the SI to have insight into overall details.
- Assist management with establishing the strategic direction of the team
- Assist project management team with gathering and vetting requirements for acquisition and governance efforts, ensuring the requirements are complete, unambiguous and concise
- Support project management, to include scheduling, agenda preparation and record keeping oversight and management
- Facilitate and coordinate multiple oversight and review boards
- Provide calendar support to customer management
- Assist acquisition and governance team with communication and tracking actions
- Develop, review, and maintain project documentation, standard procedures, process flows, roadmaps, CONOPs, and schedules
- Facilitate internal and external communication with stakeholders
- Provide highlights and written documentation of team accomplishments and concerns
- Track project commitments and ensure timely preparation of responses
- Facilitate onboarding and off-boarding of personnel
- Prepare briefings for appropriate stakeholders
- Coordinate weekly meetings and provide minutes to stakeholders
Set up meeting logistics, as needed
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- focused on strategy, process, governance, and also procurement/acquisition.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work rapidly in a high tempo, dynamic environment that often requires multitasking
- Advance knowledge in MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, and SharePoint
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team and provide deliverables with minimal rework
- Must possess active TS/SCI with Poly
- Background in acquisition management, governance, and ITIL
- Previous experience technical writing
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50657
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time