Vencore Technical Advisor in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The candidate will work as a member of the team and be aligned to a specific customer organization. The Corporate Support Technical Advisor serves as the primary support and trusted agent to the aligned organization, responding to requests for reports, briefings, talking points, as well as technical status on actions at their aligned organization level. The Technical Advisor facilitates collaboration across contracts necessary to ensure the equities of other contracts are considered in the development products, as well as supporting other desired organizational outcomes. The Technical Advisor also advocates for the Enterprise Planning and Management needs and challenges of their aligned organization in the broader enterprise activities. The candidate will:
- provide technical insights in response to changing customer needs across a broad range of business, mission, and technical issues, taskings, and advisories;
- solicit and consolidate inputs from multiple sources (Government, FFRDC, SETA, developer, etc.) and produces high-quality action item responses, reports, briefings and/or plans in accordance with the customer and division formats and guidelines for internal and external consumption upon government approval;
- gather information and drafts/coordinates background and talking papers on selected topics of interest to customer and division leadership;
- produce high-quality presentation materials, to include multimedia products;
- track and status action items, support program-based action item resolution, and provide updates on open actions to division leadership;
- liaise across offices/groups, enabling critical communications.
- Active TS/SCI clearance, with CI Poly or willing to take a CI Poly
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree(s) in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- MS with 5+ years or BS with 8+ years of demonstrated performance related to the tasks above
- Ability to excel as a member of a collaborative team through open communication, transparency, and flexibility
- Ability to relate professionally with senior Government customers and colleagues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
- Experience supporting NRO mission system architecting/design and development
- Experience supporting Infrastructure Service Provider organizations
- Knowledge and understanding of Intelligence Community IT Enterprise (IC ITE) service offerings, architectures, and service adoption
Job ID 2017-49398
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time