Vencore Test Development Engineer in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Vencore is hiring a Test Development Engineer to join our Cyber Engineering team. This person will be responsible for creating test harnesses/automation frameworks using Java; testing of developers applications; and installing, configuring, and administering applications that automate testing. The ideal candidate has experience in working with government customers and will be capable of working on multiple projects simultaneously. The position is located in Chantilly with meetings in Arlington, VA on a periodic basis. This position requires a minimum of a Top Secret Clearance and TS/SCI with DHS Suitability is preferred.
Test system modifications or new development to prepare for implementation. Develop automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security, and usability.
- Develop automated test scenarios using Cucumber, Serenity with Java programming language.
- Willing to pair-program with other team members
- Work with Git Version Control System
- Embrace Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) fully – collaborate closely the requirement, development, information assurance, and operations teams.
- Support test events including system, integration, independent verification & validation, and user acceptance tests
- Attend project Agile Sprint daily stand-up meetings, customer meetings, and other team meetings
- Work in a Scrum team – participate all Scrum ceremonies (daily Scrum, Sprint Planning, Review, Retro, etc.)
- Work collaboratively with the requirement team and the development team in creating automated test scenarios
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with solution’s function, output, online screen, or content
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery dates
- Document software defects, using JIRA bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers
Research and Development:
- Research, develop, install, and configure tools to improve testing and quality efforts
Operation and Maintenance:
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes
- Maintain and upkeep the implemented test automation suite on a release basis
- Manage source code repositories, JIRA, and Jenkins instances
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering, or related field required with 3-6 years of experience required in software design and software programming.
- Proficiency with open source automation tools (Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Gherkin) in a Test Driven Development (TDD)/Behavior Driven Development (BDD) style approach (1+ year)
- Assist in coding an automated framework in a TDD/BDD style approach
- Proficiency with Java programming language (2+ years)
- Experienced with Continuous Integration with tool such as Jenkins CI, Bamboo, etc. (1+ year)
- Experience with build tools (Maven)
- Experience with scripting in one or more languages (Python, UNIX) (2 + years)
- Experience with SCM solutions such as (Git, GitLab)
- Experience working in Agile environment, working with methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience with using IDEs such as Eclipse with various plugins like Maven
- Detail-oriented, quick learner with the ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of an integrated team, as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills conducive to team building
- Familiarity with information security
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and practices
- DHS experience
Job ID 2018-50506
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time