Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Classified, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The customer is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to perform in the role of Data Scientist. This is a unique opportunity to participate in the office that will support new transformational support in the areas of Strategic Workforce Planning, earning, leadership and Employee Development, Diversity and Inclusion, Performance Management and Workforce Analytics.
- Design the workforce model required for the office of the future, including creating, consolidating and promulgating policies and practices in a way that they can enable career mobility and progression to maximize talent utilization across the agency; create the implementation plan and measures for effectiveness
- Design the implementation of an integrated talent management system including the office career service that manages talent while balancing the requirements for the development of breadth and depth of experience.
- Develop and implement processes that enable agile teaming to maximize talent utilization across the Agency
- Create a viable talent review system for the office, encompassing evaluation, feedback, and corresponding assignment processes that allow for development.
- Integrate directorate talent management resources across offices to efficiently and effectively meet occupational skills development requirements.
- Establish performance management system to better define objectives and document performance of the workforce
- Develop and implement hiring strategies designed to meet the groups needs and projected skills gaps
- Develop and implement a comprehensive learning system – including the establishment of the Tradecraft School – that meets the Agency’s Learning Enterprise guidelines.
- Provide workforce analytics support to the office
- Ability to gain access to EDW and ARES in order to perform workforce analytics
- Analyze workforce data to provide insights to identify trends
- Develop and refine workforce model(S) and accompanying data structures where needed to capture report on the workforce composition in a consistent manner over time.
- Create data models to support informed executive-level decision making, scenario planning, and workforce strategy development. Example areas of focus my include, but are not limited to: onboard personnel aligned with the new workforce construct, hiring/attrition projections and patterns, skills and learning assessments/needs, demand/capacity modeling, workforce engagement, and workforce alignment with mission priorities, digital technologies, and/or industry trends.
- Work collaboratively with individuals in other work unites to develop integrated models that integrate workforce data with other types of data to show linkages and patterns
- Use an array of data analytic techniques to analyze and present workforce data
- Respond to workforce data inquiries with creative visual data presentations
- Independently conceive, prepare and communicate workforce analytics through complex graphics, computational models and tools, and written/oral assessments
- Continually interface with executive level management requiring the planning, presentation and briefing of information
- Extensive knowledge of workforce analytics
- Proven experience in conducting advanced modeling data analysis, applying varied mathematical and data analytic techniques and developing models in support of organizational strategy and management
- Computer programming skills (languages and packages) as needed to support the management of data and application of tools/models.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategic goals and leading complex programs and as well as meaningful change.
- Proven experience with project development and delivering executive level communications on organization transformation and business process changes. Ability to prepare presentations and to present information to senior managers
- Experience with project development lifecycle and systems operations.
- Proven experience leading and actively participation in project teams
- Proven ability to interact with customers, senior leadership and program managers in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to translate complex findings into an easily understood narrative (i.e., tell a story with the data) in graphical, verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and customer support skills. The candidate will be supporting a high profile program that will require coordination across the organization and front office/executive level management.
- Demonstrated experience providing requirements gathering and analysis, configuration management, performance measurements and metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to create and apply new methods and tools for workforce analytics
- Previous intelligence collection, analysis and/or information operations experience
- Ability to work and apply creativity in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Sponsor’s procedures, policies, and systems
- Creative spark and ability to work in non-traditional ways
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-50006
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time