Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Classified, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The System Engineer will support the sponsor by performing AWS administrative and data/systems integration activities in support of the Mesa Verde project. The goal of the Mesa Verde project is to provide an environment to support the identification of capabilities that provide business value to the sponsor to better support the full range of analytical tasks, ranging from simple search through statistical analyses of massive amounts of data using advanced analytic algorithms to visualize data. This position requires travel between sponsor’s facility and the Silicon Valley Innovation Outpost (SVIO) – 20%
Responsibilities consist of but are not limited to the following:
• Provide network and administrative support to a DevOps stand-alone network (DOIL)
• Design, develop and implement security requirements within the organization’s business processes to include the development of SSPs and providing technical and programmatic Information Assurance Services to internal and external customers in support of DOIL
• Support MacBook/Laptop setups
• Provide AWS administration and deployment support to the Mesa Verde environment to include provisioning new systems, administration, and monitoring the AWS servers, including active directory support, user authentication, and system upgrades.
• Provide the necessary configuration support to other projects/vendors for their installation into the AWS environment
• Interact with project stakeholders and vendors.
• Customer domain knowledge
• Experience with Commercial Cloud Service (C2S)
• Agile software development experience
• Well-versed in Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies such as WorkDocs and WorkMail, WorkSpace
• Knowledge of MatterMost,
• Strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
• Complex Problem Solving — Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Active FSP clearance
• A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience (3 years for Bachelors) in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a scientific discipline.
• Minimum of 10 Years’ relevant experience, 3 years in Intelligence Community
• Knowledge of Salesforce software, MatterMost, and 1Password
• AWS certification
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
Job ID 2018-50035
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time