Vencore Communications Engineer in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Communications Engineer will support the Engineering Manager's execution functions to include:
- Provide assessments and evaluations on performance and feasibility of SATCOM, Terrestrial, and Mobile components of current and proposed Army TENCAP systems and architectures, including identification of
performance, cost, and schedule risk, preparation of recommendations for consideration by PD Army TENCAP.
- Provide technical expertise to Army representatives during forums with external organizations concerning
employment, acquisition, and development of communication systems.
- Prepare decision justification materials, prepare design studies to identify and address program/project capability gaps, prepare analysis of alternatives and recommendations for decision, and prepare study results for presentation to leadership.
- Help develop a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) which addresses the contractor's overall systems engineering management approach and provides standards, capability models, and configuration management for TENCAP projects.
- Review and comment on the accuracy and completeness of documentation used to justify government objectives or requirements.
- Assess Intelligence Community products against Army POR threshold and objective requirements.
- Participate in and provide recommendation for acceptance or rejection of program reviews to include Software Specification Reviews (SSR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- TS/SCI Clearance
- Minimum of fifteen years test and evaluation experience on DoD intelligence or command, control and communications programs/projects. Experience shall include a minimum of eight years of progressively complex experience in the testing and evaluation of DoD or IC intelligence systems.
Job ID 2018-50037
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time