Vencore Financial Database Manager, Senior in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This program will provide Product Director (PD) Army TENCAP with Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA). The PD Army TENCAP is chartered with the responsibility of executing the Army's Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) program. The primary objectives of this SETA effort are to assist PD Army TENCAP staff in the areas of facilitating exploitation of intelligence information and capabilities from national and theater systems to support Army tactical commanders. This includes support to Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) to maintain connections to national and theater systems; prototype development and transition of technology into Army systems; and acquisition of equipment as directed by the TENCAP General Officer Steering Group (TGOSG) and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology) [ASA(ALT]. PD Army TENCAP also provides systems engineering and logistics support to projects assigned to the Program Manager for Distributed Common Ground System - Army (PM DCGS-A).
- Provide technical expertise for computer database actions and maintenance of historical artifacts for all Planning, Programming, Budgeting & Execution (PPBES) actions executed within the PD Army TENCAP.
- Maintain and record all transactions within the Army Special Programs Office (ASPO) Financial System (AFS) database and ensure updates for incoming and outgoing funds are accurate and timely.
- Draft and provide recommendations to required documentation for PEO financial reviews (monthly, quarterly, and end of year), IAW latest Federal Fiscal laws and DoD and Army regulations and guidance.
- Operate AFS, Standard Operation and Maintenance Army Research and Development System (SOMARDS) and General Fund Enterprise Business Systems (GFEBS) software.
- Maintain and improve PD Army TENCAP's financial and resource management database tool (AFS) for the PD Army TENCAP.
- Provide an AFS Software Design Folder that documents the AFS database tool to enable third-party support of AFS IAW provided requirements.
- Perform analysis, evaluation and recommendations on all aspects of planning, programing, and budgeting for TENCAP initiatives.
- Apply knowledge in acquisition, program and budgetary laws, policies, and regulations, to TENCAP projects and programs.
- Provide draft plans and recommendations on program cost analysis, annual/multi-year, and long-range fiscal planning.
- Provide input and recommendations regarding the efficiency and effectiveness of acquisition programs and provide assessments that will support the PD Army TENCAP's major milestone decisions and mission resourcing.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years experience in managing financial databases supporting DoD Acquisition programs/projects.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in DoD financial accounting operations and processes.
Job ID 2018-50055
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time