Vencore Systems Engineer - Cloud in Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This program will provide Product Director (PD) Army TENCAP with Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA). The PD Army TENCAP is chartered with the responsibility of executing the Army's Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) program. The primary objectives of this SETA effort are to assist PD Army TENCAP staff in the areas of facilitating exploitation of intelligence information and capabilities from national and theater systems to support Army tactical commanders. This includes support to Headquarters Department of the Army (HQDA) to maintain connections to national and theater systems; prototype development and transition of technology into Army systems; and acquisition of equipment as directed by the TENCAP General Officer Steering Group (TGOSG) and Assistant Secretary of the Army (Acquisition, Logistics & Technology) [ASA(ALT]. PD Army TENCAP also provides systems engineering and logistics support to projects assigned to the Program Manager for Distributed Common Ground System - Army (PM DCGS-A).
The Systems Engineer will support the Engineering Manager's execution functions to include:
- Prepare decision justification materials, prepare design studies to identify and address program/project capability gaps, prepare analysis of alternatives and recommendations for decision, and prepare study results for presentation to leadership.
- Help develop a Systems Engineering Management Plan (SEMP) which addresses the contractor's overall systems engineering management approach and provides standards, capability models, and configuration management for TENCAP projects.
- Review and comment on the accuracy and completeness of documentation used to justify government objectives or requirements.
- Assess Intelligence Community products against Army POR threshold and objective requirements.
- Participate in and provide recommendation for acceptance or rejection of program reviews to include Software Specification Reviews (SSR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR).
- Draft proposed acquisition strategies and cost estimates to facilitate program milestone execution.
- Draft program documentation, System specification, and Concept of Operations (CONOPs).
- Participate in the Military Exploitation of Reconnaissance & Intelligence Technology (MERIT) working group and shall assess and recommend proposals for technology development projects.
- Recommend acceptance or rejection of project review and trade studies, test plans and procedures, and test reports.
- TS/SCI Clearance
- BS in Engineering discipline
- Shall have a minimum of 15 years of progressively complex experience in the design, development, integration, and testing of DoD or IC intelligence systems. Experience shall include a minimum of 8 years in an engineering position working on DoD programs/projects. Experience shall include a minimum of 5 years in an engineering management position leading a technical team working on DoD or IC programs/projects.
Job ID 2018-50028
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time