Vencore Technical Document Manager in Ft. Lee, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Architect and manage the documentation efforts for the project team, creating templates, producing artifacts, editing engineering technical documentation, producing DoDAF drawings, creating and managing the documentation repositories, including, but not limited to:
Create templates for approximately 75 Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) documents required for the project.
- Create Knowledge Management Repositories within SharePoint (DCMA360) to classify and manage the storage of templates and documentation artifacts.
- Review, edit, revise and publish the technical engineering documentation produced by the project team to ensure quality documentation.
- Establish SharePoint documentation repositories with metadata, access and version controls.
- Collaborate with other team members to produce required DoDAF, utilizing IBM System Architect, and centrally administering the DoDAF drawings into comprehensive architectures.
- Collaborate with other team members to produce process flow diagrams in Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) format.
- Integrate DoDAF and architecture artifacts into the DCMA Enterprise Architecture (EA), working with the EA team to align the efforts of our project’s architecture documentation with the EA efforts.
- Ensure that all project documentation is written IAW DoD Manual for Written Material 5110.04-M-V1.
- Coordinate, manage, assist, edit, track and report the timely delivery of required documentation, that will include, but is not limited to: (Data Flow Diagrams; Design Plan; Design/Implementation Packages; Disaster Recovery and High Availability Plans; DoDAF EA Artifacts and Viewpoints; Fault Monitoring and Notification Guides; First Article Evaluation reports; Implementation Plans; Information Security and Information Assurance Accreditation Documentation; Installation Procedure/Manual (directions for installing the designed solution into a DCMA environment); Inventories (Hardware, Software, Networks); Network Topology Diagrams; Operations and Troubleshooting Guides; Outstanding Vulnerabilities POAMs; Ports, Protocols, Services Management List; Risk Assessment Questionnaires; Roll Back Plans; Runbooks; Security Plans; STIG/SRG Checklists; System Scan Reports; Test Plan (with test cases, scenarios and performance metrics); Training Materials; User Admin Training Guides)
- Provide Tier III support of all Documentation requests using the ChangeGear ticketing system
- Communicate professionally in written and verbal form with co-workers, company, and customer
8+ years’ experience in Information Technology, OR Bachelors degree and 4 years' experience
Including 4+ years demonstrated documentation experience in the following areas:
DoDAF Enterprise Architecture
- Knowledge Management
- SharePoint document repository creation and management
- Technical writing in a DoD environment
- Call center / help desk support experience
- Including 2+ years’ experience as the lead Documentation Architect in an operations environment with project teams in a DoD environment.
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of IT support experience.
- DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification at Level IAT II (example: Security + CE)
- DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification for supported environments, such as DoDAF EA certification.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in a professional technical environment
- The ability to pass a completed National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation with FBI fingerprints for public trust position
Job ID 2018-50204
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time