Vencore Information Assurance/Security Engineer III in Ft. Meade, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
ISSO Contractors will support the USCYBERYCOM CIO/J6 by:
• Participating in the development and review of system security documentation in support of authorization and continuous monitoring under the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF)
• Providing guidance and support to self-testing, security control assessment, preparation of Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and development of continuous monitoring plans
• Performing actions IAW system continuous monitoring plans (e.g. incident response, vulnerability management, documentation management, etc.)
Specific duties include, but not limited to:
• Planning and coordinating IT security programs and policies
• Establishing, managing and administering systems in Closed, Restricted, SCIF and SAPF areas per NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3, JAFAN, or Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidelines.
• Managing and controlling changes to the system and assessing the security impact of those changes
• Preparing systems for Assessment and Authorization (A&A) (formerly Certification &Accreditation) in accordance with government standards and templates and submit as required by customer (e.g., OBMS, XACTA).
• Obtaining A&A for information systems (IS) under their purview
• Determining or obtaining rulings, approvals, interpretations, and acceptable deviations from regulations for IS compliance with government agencies.
• Preparing and conducting IS specific security education classes and security audits.
• Working with Facility Security Officers (FSO), program managers, personnel, and government personnel to investigate security violations and prepare reports specifying what occurred and preventive and/or disciplinary action to be taken.
• Interfacing with government customers on IS security related issues.
• Supporting the Corporate Insider Threat Program; assist FSOs as required.
• ISSO Level IIs shall have minimum of five (5) years of experience with cybersecurity or information assurance
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
• Identity and Access Manager (IAM) Level II Certification is required. This means you must have one of the following certifications: Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Computing Environment (CASP CE), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or associated certification, or the Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Security Leadership Certification (GSLC)
• Candidates for this position must possess a valid Top Secret (TS) security clearance with eligibility for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph examination is required for this contract.
• Knowledge of DoD Cyber Strategy and USCYBERCOM Mission
• Strong understanding of Joint Staff policies and procedures process
• Prior experience working in a Joint military organizational structure (J1, J2, J3, etc.)
• Understanding of working with classified materials, classification markings, and use of organizational classification guides
Job ID 2018-49847
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time