Vencore Systems Engineer IV in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Vencore is seeking a motivated SYSTEM ENGINEER in support of NGA Integration Test & Image Quality Office (TAC) on the Acadia program. Join a skilled, highly respected and long standing team supporting product quality mission for the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). This is a unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts, directly with the customer and with project autonomy not customarily given as a government contractor. The successful candidate will work as asystem engineer tasked with supporting initialization, system tests and verification activities in the NGAImage Quality Assurance Office (NIQU). Base on the priorities of the office and the active projects, the candidate will be tasked to:
- Development of test plans and procedures
- Test software functionality and quality
- Assess visual and data quality of imagery products
- Develop engineering-quality verification tools
- Quantify success criteria for readiness review transitions
- Communicate and defend customer mission results and recommendations
NIQU mission spans many data providers and sensor phenomenologies including electrical-optical, radar, LIDAR, OPIR, motion, and multi- and hyper-spectral. We work to verify and validate product visual quality, as well as the accuracy of the support data. Current software tools model the data architecture and the flow of operational GEOINT data and products. The qualified candidate should have general system engineering skills, with specific experience in test, verification and validation against requirements/specification to meet planned concept of operations. The role will apply a functional understanding of NSG image chain analysis as well as the tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination functions. An understanding of image product format and specifications (NITF, MPEG) and image compression (JPEG 2000, H.264) is desired. The ideal candidate will possess software development skills to support system engineering tasks and data analysis, specifically C/C++, JAVA, Matlab, IDL and/or scripting languages. The candidate will work within an existing team to complete tasks as prioritized by government customers. Good communication and team work is necessary.
- Requires 8 to 10 years with of system engineering experience Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Image Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Software Engineering or in a related Engineering
- Experience with NSG tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED) image chain
- Experience with sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Image product modeling and simulation
- Experience with image processing and display software (Socet, RemoteView, ENVI, etc.)
- Engineering code development (Matlab, IDL)
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment.
Job ID 2018-50671
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time