Vencore Systems Administrator III in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
This position provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manages IT system s infrastructure and any processes related to these systems. Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/ storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. Provides Tier I/II (Help Desk) and Tier 3 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems. Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers. Provides support of the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process. Configures and manages LINUX operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoots, maintains integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide Tier I/II (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of development, test, and production software environments through chat rooms and ticketing systems.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Facilitate the deployment of web applications and services into the client's development and production
- Serve as the technical point of contact between the customer and the development team
- Maintain currency of relevant documents and update the Wild and SharePoint knowledge bases
Monitor and respond to chat rooms
Requires 5 years with BS/BA or 10 years with HS diploma.
Individual Capabilities Required:
- Experience drafting documentation, such as FAQs and internal knowledge articles.
- Demonstrates customer-service focus and responsiveness.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Linux systems in areas of system administration, integration and development
- Experience with Infrastructure- as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) technologies
- Experience with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience in application and web server administration
- Intermediate-level Linux experience, software releases, and configuration management
- Experience in software development processes and using ticketing systems like JIRA or Redmine.
Job ID 2017-49300
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time