Vencore Systems Engineer III in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Provide systems engineering support to CSDI, a major development effort under the joint oversight of DoD and ODNI. The Systems Engineer will assist in the documentation of architecture products. The successful candidate will be a great collaborator, a good listener, and technically proficient.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 2 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. With no engineering or IT degree, 6 years or more of systems engineering experience is required.
One position requires:
- Familiar with agile development and test methodologies
- Familiar with the Atlassian Suite, especially Jira
- Familiar with architecture design
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate meetings
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Eligible for a TS/SCI clearance
Another positon with the same organization requires:
- Preparing and coordinating “tech talks” that examine specific technologies and processes used by the domain
- Programmatic support and technical meeting facilitation
- Familiar with agile development methodologies and tools (Jira)
- Provide SE support to the PMO
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This opportunity is an anticipation of a new SE2 labor category expected to be approved soon by the Government. Submittal of a candidate does not assume that the partner company can provide the candidate at an SE2 rate because negotiated rates are not in place. The purpose of this requisition is to identify and interview potential candidates in advance of the approved labor category so that we can staff the position quickly.
Job ID 2018-49999
# of Openings Remaining 2
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time