Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The contractor shall provide for the insertion and removal of technology into the Capabilities Directorate’s Enterprise Architecture. The contractor shall coordinate all activities pertaining to the planning and execution of Technology Transition into and out of the MPO Enterprise Architecture.
The contractor shall provide systems engineering services that evaluate and manage the current Technology Transition requirements and processes and propose changes necessary to enable MPO corporate decision making processes. The contractor shall be responsible for the documentation, evolution, maintenance and publication of the Technology Transition processes to include all Technology Transition activities. The contractor shall also be required to assist in the governance, development, documentation and review of the processes as directed by the Government..
Individual Capabilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study with 20 years of overall Systems Engineering experience
- 5 or more years of experience in the creation and refinement of corporate-level processes
- 3 or more years of experience in the development and implementation of requirements management processes and procedures.
- 10 years of experience supporting programs and projects within this customer space.
Recent experience in the transition and decommission of legacy software systems.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- 3 or more years of experience in writing and/or managing Mission needs and/or functional requirements.
- Experience in producing and interpreting architectural documentation.
- Experience in program and/or project management highly desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent writing skills.
Job ID 2018-50413
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time