Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The candidate will help develop a portable software tool for performing semantic validation of data formats. Tasks will include generating implementable semantic rulesets from written documentation, developing software to validate data instances against those rulesets (to include user-friendly UI/UX), and providing documentation for the software as developed. Some travel may be required to demonstrate and test the software at stakeholder sites with stakeholder provided data.
Requires 15 years with BS/BA or 13 years with MS/MA or 19 years with HS diploma.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements;
- Knowledge of Agile (Scrum and Kanban techniques) and lean methodologies;
- Software configuration management (SVN) and CM tooling;
- Technical experience to include JAVA, XML, Schematron, UI/UX development, and software development in Windows and Linux environments;
- Ability to work as part of a development team;
- Current TS/SCI Clearance w/ PG.
Additional consideration will be given for experience with the following:
- Customer security best practices (PKI, etc .);
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, or Git.
Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
Job ID 2018-50305
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time