Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Assists the Secure Enterprise Data Engineering (SEDE) organization in the development and implementation of Enterprise Data Modeling artifacts based on the Enterprise Microformat standard. Analyzes mission customer data requirements to ensure development efforts align with the corporate data standards, the Enterprise Architecture, and future transformation efforts. Conduct data modeling enabling activities that align with the Enterprise Logical Data Model (ELDM), the Enterprise Data Dictionary (EDD), Physical Data Models, data format specifications, model releases, data harmonization and mapping across the data models, the modification of tools to support data modeling, and software application programming interfaces and converters to enable data model implementations. Able to work effectively in an Agile environment.
This position provides Data Modeling and Mapping support to the Extended Enterprise for specific customer mission requirements to model data formats to Enterprise Microformat (TDF/TSDF or SOTF/BME). Specific duties include:
- Define and analyze data requirements, create new data structures / microformats, perform data harmonization.
- Analytical skills to perform primary research for protocols and technologies and apply them to the Enterprise microformat creation and mapping efforts.
- Map legacy data stores/formats to logical and physical data models
- Design and assess system interfaces, end-to-end data flows, and data storage and retrieval solutions for data modeling efforts
- Create data element definitions and dictionaries.
- Perform UML data model development
- Perform XML schema generation and application of related XML technologies (i.e. W3C XML standards, XML Parsers, XSLT, Fast Infoset, Namespaces, XLink, XPath, and XMI)
- Develop and maintain domain data models and physical formats required for specific projects across the Enterprise
- Ability to catch on quickly and be able to use this primary research to comprehend various technologies and apply this knowledge.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Twenty (20) years’ experience as a Data Modeler or Data Architect in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Systems, or Computer Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required. A Master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to 18 years. Five (5) years of experience with Metadata Harmonization activities supporting the NSA Enterprise and Five (5) years designing and assessing system interfaces, end-to end data flows, and data storage and retrieval solutions. UML data modeling. Experience using Sybase PowerDesigner, IBM Rational Rose or Telelogic System Architect.
Job ID 2018-50707
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time