Vencore Systems Engineer Senior Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Conduct a variety of technology research and reporting assignments supporting wireless technologies. The contractor must be able to report, written and verbal, complex technologies and applications in an understandable and concise manner.
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 20 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience. No engineering or IT degree requires 19 years of systems engineering experience.
- Work with government and contractor personnel to understand the Emerging & Anticipatory Technologies (EAT) organization’s general Publically Available Information needs, and pro-actively research topics of interest. Engage stakeholders and respond to verbal and written requests from EAT technical experts, then document, share, and compile search results relevant to NSA needs.
- Research emerging and disruptive technologies relevant to current and projected NSA mission needs, report technology trends, and estimate both the technical likelihood and potential cryptologic impact of emerging and disruptive technologies.
- Research and evaluate at least 10 new technologies per quarter using standard technology risk assessment criteria. Author a brief technology assessment for at least 5 of these technologies per quarter, selecting those with the greatest potential to impact NSA's cryptologic mission within a 2-5 year period. Deliver a comprehensive assessment of selected future technologies twice a year.
- Assess the potential impact of emerging and disruptive technologies on NSA's foreign intelligence and information assurance missions from a systems engineering perspective. Analyze, document, and communicate a range of potential mission impacts and associated confidence levels. Develop and document potential risk mitigation activities from a systems engineering perspective.
- Contribute to development of analytic and technology forecasting methodologies, and document analytic and technology forecasting processes generated by EAT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Eligible for a TS/SCI clearance.
Job ID 2018-50474
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time