Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This position supports the TSMI organization, providing systems engineering expertise for Smart Data Integrity Resolution Team to identify, document, and investigate all data integrity and quality control facets of Smart Data tags in the Cloud. Accurate data tagging in the Cloud is needed to enable verification of compliance with internal and external oversight authorities and policies.
A candidate for this position must be interested in investigating meta data, security marking, and data flow anomalies. It requires a thorough understanding of customer data flows and a passion for investigating root causes of anomalies.
- Execute creative strategies to discover data quality problems
- Navigate across organizations to bring people and ideas together to develop creative solutions for data integrity
- Troubleshoot and investigate processes and threads for data integrity (root cause analysis)
- Ensuring policy and compliance (I.e. purge concerns and requirements)
- Maintain a focus on data management processes for accuracy, completeness, and correctness
Maintain Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs)
Schedule and facilitate meetings, scribe meeting minutes, track outcomes and actions)
Requires 15 years with BS/BA or 13 years with MS/MA or 19 years with HS diploma.
- Excellent knowledge of Customer threads and Smart Data strategic goals (REQUIRED)
- Passion for solving problems, developing creative solutions, and root cause analysis (REQUIRED)
- Self-directing (REQUIRED)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (REQUIRED)
Previous experience working with policy and compliance (HIGHLY DESIRED)
Candidates should be self-starters, curious, and tenacious
Job ID 2018-49998
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time