Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The contractor shall provide systems and mission engineering services to Y3D6 for the TargetCOP project and Analytic Geo Discovery program to document TargetCOP requirements, integrate TargetCOP solutions with enterprise solutions, and assist TargetCOP Government and Contractor teammates in fulfilling TargetCOP requirements. The contractor shall adhere to Capabilities-defined Systems Engineering (SE), Configuration Management, Deployment Management, planning, scheduling, and related policies, processes, tools, and practices.
Requires 15 years with BS/BA or 13 years with MS/MA or 19 years with HS diploma.
- Provide SE services to Information Discovery Solutions (IDS) to assist in SE and process re-engineering initiatives for theTargetCOP project. Immediate tasking includes creating and documenting technical requirements of/for establishing a TargetCOP presence on SIPRnet. The contractor shall work with IDS Government Leads, IDS Software Engineers, and IDS mission customers to establish requirements and provide SE support in establishing the SIPRnet presence.
- Directly support IDS within Analytic and Engagement Applications (AEA) to provide SE services for the TargetCOP project, providing all deliverables to IDS Project Leads and their designated technical leadership. The contractor shall interface with senior AEA Leadership, other AEA SE Teams, TargetCOP Subject Matter Experts, IDS Technical Leads, Intelligence Community, and Global Collaboration Environment partners to provide SE and integration services for existing and new TargetCOP systems and other directly related Analytic Geo Discovery systems needed for the delivery of TargetCOP requirements.
- Function within the agile process and provide technical decision advisory services to the Government POC regarding priority, business value, and functionality for development activities. The contractor shall identify and communicate clear goals and objectives outlining the product vision at the beginning of each release or sprint so that the Development Team fully understands the relevant milestones and deliverables.
- Extract and document requirements from the Mission Customers
- Develop and implement internal and external performance measurement processes and techniques to enable Senior Government Leadership to make informed management decisions.
- Interact directly with Agency and IC TargetCOP users to document tradecraft and demonstrate new technical capabilities developed by AEA group to assist user workflows and mission management.
- Document existing and create new working aids, guidelines, and tradecraft.
- Monitor compliance activities and address identified deficiencies while working to modernize analyst target knowledge workflows.
- Develop Required Performance Metrics (RPM) in operational requirements documentation.
- Assist Government Leadership in the creation of briefings and other communications to Agency Leadership and User Groups.
- Develop and deliver products for sprint planning, including writing user stories, verifying backlog, and communicating sprints to the Development Team.
- Interact directly with other Product Leads and Development Teams on products that interact with the architecture and workflow of technical capabilities being provided by TargetCOP.
- Coordinate with external development teams, as appropriate, to conduct assessments of current and future TargetCOP requirements.
- Create, document, and manage requirements associated with making technical capabilities releasable and available to external partners (e.g. military partners on SIPRnet).
- Document and track action items to resolution.
- CoordinateTargetCOP-specific Program Management Office deliverable production.
- Communicate SE activities with IC and DoD personnel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and diplomacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Individual Capabilities Desired:
- Systems engineering experience from both technical and programmatic perspectives.
- Working knowledge of Y3D6’s portfolio and mission applications.
Experience providing analysis of functional, system and non-functional requirements, data flows and dependencies.
Job ID 2018-49996
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time