Vencore Systems Engineer Technical Specialist in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
This position is funded on the ESEA II contract supporting High Performance Computing systems engineering. The technical SETA contractor will provide subject matter expertise for specialized network and storage integration support.
Seeking a self-starting individual to work closely with Government Technical Directors to continue to drive innovation and efficiencies throughout the CASA ecosystem. Responsibilities include:
- Evaluating new products, methodologies, and agency policies to continually improve data center services while reducing cost and customer turn-around
- Working on architecture documents to forge new milestones to allow data center offerings stay relevant
- Actively participate in future roadmap decisions for storage, network, HPC, and server support
- Analyzing issues, including capacity planning for HPC-specific solutions such as Lustre fabric and high-speed networks
- Providing assistance, as needed, to engineering teams to resolve tomorrow’s HPC technology challenges
- Designing, documenting, and leading network modernization as the data centers continue to retire spanning tree and adopt the more flexible spine/leaf architecture
- Evaluating and determining future Software Defined Network solutions
- With networks, firewalls, and HPC network requirements all being in different organizations, driving continuity among the teams and array of devices
- Working with Lustre Interconnects Team to make continual refinements as the high-speed storage fabric grows to multiple data centers within each campus
- Driving automation across the three data centers
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or other related discipline plus at least 15 years of systems engineering experience. A Master’s degree or PhD may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Ability to write Ansible, Python, and other scripting languages
- Network architecture and design
- Strategic planning
- Ability to think holistically
- Ability to partner with SPD Architects to design the next-generation SPD high-speed and low-speed TCP networks
Eligible for a TS/SCI clearance.
Job ID 2018-50691
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time