Vencore Systems Engineer in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Member of the ESEA Technical Staff working as technical support in a SETA role. Background in one or more of the following areas is preferred; developing or assessing specifications, interface requirements, system design, analysis and tradeoff, thread engineering test plans and test scenarios.
- Work with senior Department of Defense and Intelligence Community acquisition engineers and user representatives to identify risks and opportunities in the architectural designs of systems.
- With limited, high-level direction, working as a member of a small team or independently, conduct system-of-systems interoperability and technical assessments of the design and operating environment of systems based on validated effectiveness criteria. Recommend actions based on the findings in formal Assessment Reports or frequent informal technical communications
Participate in various Working Groups; prepare and review technical assessments; and review technologies.
2 to 12 years of experience with BS/BA in a technical field
- Ability to review and analyze user requirements, concept of operations documents, system architecture and requirements specifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including demonstrated ability to comfortably interact with all levels of organizational management, be willing to operate in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision, and possess strong interpersonal, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
Technical and people skills necessary to collaborate with customers, subject matter experts, and senior technical and programmatic leadership.
Current TS/SCI Clearance w/ Polygraph
- Position is located in Laurel, MD
Job ID 2017-48741
# of Openings Remaining 8
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time