Vencore Technical Writer in Laurel, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Selected candidate will assist in collecting and organizing information required for preparation of documents, training materials, guides, proposals, and reports.
- Will provide technical edits to engineering documentation, software documentation, manuals, reports, or any other documents or presentations
- Will utilize strong writing, editing, and communication skills to analyze and present complex information in a format that is easy to read and understand
- Will work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements
- Will develop diagrams, charts, and graphs that increase the user’s understanding of the subject matter
- Will develop high-quality documentation with no guidance that is easy-to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience
- Minimum six years of experience as a Technical Writer
- Minimum of High School Diploma
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills. Excellent communications skills.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office and excellent writing skills
Current Top Secret / SCI with polygraph required
- Working knowledge of Joint military organizational structure (J1, J2, J3, etc.)
- Basic understanding of working with classified materials, classification markings, and use of organizational classification guides
- Prior SharePoint/Confluence experience
Job ID 2017-46678
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time