Vencore Technical Writer 4 in Lorton, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. Track deliverables schedule, work with team to support and deliver on time.
2. Collect and review documents for deliverables
3. Store and archive all document submissions
4. Edit documents (English), format using Word/Excel, update formats, present final Submission in a unified format, etc. - must be proficient
5. Schedule team kick-off meetings, take notes, and organize Engineer materials for final deliverables
6. Contribute to the weekly report by providing status updates
7. Communicate to management delays, where applicable
8. Support with obtaining visas, country clearances, and coordinate travel arrangements
Min. Education: High School
Min. Experience: 3 years of technical writing-relevant experience
Other Qualifications Requirements
1. Holds Top Secret Clearance (TS only; SCI not required)
2. Solid writing experience - proposals, published articles in a school newspaper, published speeches, etc.
3. Has been responsible for government / professional deliverables
1. Comfortable in a warehouse/cube setting
2. Attended technical writing classes
3. Knowledge of Cisco terminology, cisco phones, switches, servers, core routers
4. Practiced in tracking deadlines to ensure deliverables are turned in on-time
Job ID 2018-50009
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time