Vencore Systems Engineer III in Mayport, Florida
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
1. As Senior Technical Advisor to Strike Group Staff N6, provide assist in troubleshooting C4ISR issues and make recommendations concerning issue resolution and system employment and optimization.
2. Works with shipboard technicians, staff officers, In Service Engineering Activity (ISEA) and other technicians, installation engineers, Fleet Readiness Directorate staff, and others as required to ensure required end-to-end connectivity to satisfy fleet C4ISR requirements.
3. Documents issues and resolution of issues using Remedy.
4. Provides OJT on systems for shipboard and shore technicians. May be required to mentor civilian/government technicians.
5. Assist shipboard technicians in preparation of systems for inspections. Assist with SOVT.
6. Candidate must be capable of working independently with little or no supervision in a high operations tempo environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule, including shipboard deployments between 2-4 months and overseas travel.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Minimum of BS in Information Technology (or equivalent technical degree) and 5 years technical experience or 12 years technical experience with Afloat Navy or Marine Corps C4I required.
2. Certification as IAT2 (per DoD Inst 8750.1 and Navy guidance) with IA and CE (Unix/Linux, CISCO or Windows) required, and current certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment. 5+ years of experience in Network Applications required. Certification in multiple operating systems highly desired.
3. Familiarity with the following required: Active Directory, Group Policies, Exchange 2003/2007, ISA/TMG server application, Alcatel Switches 7700/6800, CISCO routers and switches, VMWare, NetApp and/or IBM Storage. Familiarity with configuring/troubleshooting servers, Cisco Routers/Switches or Alcatel Switches, Cisco Access Control Lists, TCP/IP, and security protocols required. Knowledge of Command and Control display systems such as GCCS-M and/or DCGS-N preferred. Experience with Information Assurance – HBSS, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator and eEYE Retina Scanning tools/ACAS, WSUS required. Excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Experience using Remedy for ticket documentation/resolution desired. General experience with RF systems required.
4. Must be able to troubleshoot end-to-end connectivity involving multiple sites and systems.
TS/SCI clearance (TS/SCI eligible candidates will be considered)
Job ID 2017-49419
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time