Vencore Financial Management Analyst in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Assist with NIP budget formulation and data balancing for the IC, to include: coordination of Program budgets; supporting the management of budget decisions; maintenance of OMB Fiscal Topline Controls; and, coordinating NIP resources within Department of Defense and OMB budget and programming systems.
- Provide data integrity control and technical support for the Intelligence Resource Information System (IRIS);
- Provide Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB) production support and resource exhibit generation for the client's NIP Summary Volume I and NIP program volumes
- Provide CBJB budget briefings, studies and analysis support;
- Facilitate the development of tools for the recording, tracking and analysis of Congressional Budget Marks and the production of management reports;
- Conduct budget review of relevant NIP authorization and appropriation acts;
- Analyze and maintain IC historical budget trends to include assessments using inflation and deflation factors;
- Conduct budget analysis and studies for CFO management and staff, leadership, OMB and Congress utilizing IRIS and program office data;
- Perform NIP budget execution data collection, monitoring, and reporting to the client's Leadership, OMB, and Congress;
- Assist with NIP reprogramming and transfer actions internal operations and management support;
- Assist with NIP apportionment and allotment of appropriated resources operations to include generation and review of classified OMB Apportionment requests; and the generation of other funds control documents.
- Perform Ad Hoc budget analysis and data collection utilizing the Microsoft and IRIS installed analytical and financial software tools. Data collection activities may require collaboration with other CFO staff, Program Offices and contractor groups.
- Produce integrated visualization products to include the generation of graphical and tabular summary status reports utilizing the client's latest visualization software.
- Conduct new employee orientation training on the budget process, execution reviews, apportionment, funds allocation, reprogramming and IRIS tools.
- Provide advice, opinions, recommendations, ideas, reports analysis, and all other work products as required.
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
The following are REQUIRED qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or four (4) years of equivalent, related work experience (if equivalent, related work experience is substituted for the Bachelor’s degree, then the experience is in addition to the five (5) years of work experience required below and any other required experience listed under the position description).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working with the Intelligence Community within the financial management discipline, with at least three (3) years of experience as a financial management analyst.
The candidates must possess at a minimum one (1) or more of the following certifications:
Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM);
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM);
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- Program Management Professional (PMP); or
- Similar professional society certifications in financial management.
- Expertise in performing detailed data analysis;
- Strong knowledge of IC resident budget and accounting data within the Intelligence Resource and Information System;
- Familiarity with financial management processes of various IC programs;
- Experience with unique IC budget and execution systems; and
- Possession of necessary functional and technical skills to formulate analytical solutions.
The following are DESIRED qualifications for this position:
- Experience in creating, querying, and altering relational databases.
- Experience in using the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Experience in using other presentation, data visualization, and analytical tool software.
Job ID 2018-50394
# of Openings Remaining 5
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time