Vencore Media Analyst in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Produce finished commercial quality multi-media products including video and audio products, photographic and graphic visual information products for distribution and dissemination via the clients multi-media platforms and communications vehicles. Finished multi-media products may include but are not limited to, spot television and radio news, public service announcements, short video features, social video, promotional advertisements, visual aids, and displays.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
• Bachelor’s degree in Radio Television and Film (RTVF) or Broadcast Journalism, or, alternatively, four (4) years of broadcast journalism or RTVF experience, including expertise in multi-media platforms. Experience may consist of any combination of post-secondary education relevant to the tasks under Paragraph 2.2 above including accredited college, accredited technical training or certification, military broadcast journalism or videography experience.
• Six (6) years of applicable work experience. Work experience may be concurrent with the pursuit of a degree, or two (2) years of additional experience beyond the alternative four year work experience qualification if no post-secondary education is claimed.
• Extensive experience with acquiring, editing and producing commercial broadcast quality video and audio informational material for use on multiple platforms including web and traditional media using industry standard digital editing and graphic design software with emphasis in MacPro equipment and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium software.
• Extensive experience with planning and managing small-scale to large-scale video projects.
• Advanced skills in the operation of a variety of video cameras,editing systems, audio, lighting,studio equipment.
• Extensive experience in applying the principles of video framing, composition, visualization, storytelling audio and non-linear editing, and export of final products for distribution.
• Extensive experience with the preparation of sets, to include the positioning of lights, cameras, sound equipment, property and personnel, including ensuring that special audio and video effects are used effectively.
• Extensive experience in writing for radio and television news and documentary scripts, narrations, and public service announcements.
• Extensive experience narrating public events and voicing over video products.
• Extensive experience with the importation of video and audio files into non-linear editing systems, using sound to convey the meaning and emotion of stories, and using narration to enhance visual elements of a story.
• Extensive experience with editing final video products shot in sequence and/or out-of-sequence to ensure continuity and effectiveness of action and dialogue or narrative, using industry standard digital editing and graphic design software.
• Extensive experience using the Associated Press Stylebook.
• Expert knowledge of grammar and punctuation.
• Advanced skills maintaining effective working relationships with senior government or corporate leaders in a high profile and demanding office.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate complex information
Job ID 2018-50047
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time