Vencore Program Manager/Principal Financial Management Analyst in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsible for the successful technical, schedule, and cost performance of a major program, or multiple programs, through subordinate program/project managers, in accordance with contract requirements and company policies, procedures and guidelines. Acquires follow-on business associated with areas of responsibility and supports new business development by leading major proposals personally, or through subordinate program/project managers. Manages a directorate within a division. Has supervisory and developmental responsibilities within a functional area. The program director manages one or more projects or programs, may manage an operating office and supervises professional and technical personnel performing in their customary disciplines. Maintains aggressive efforts to achieve objectives. Acts as a technical liaison with vendors. Trains and supervises personnel. Assists in proposal process and coordinates with Pricing Department when required. Responsible for all phases of the program budget. Performs analysis for contract reviews with various software. Develops Quality Assurance Programs for all products and services. Prepare Staffing Plans, including skill and labor mix, to support contract operations. May be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring staff. Assign staff and provide technical direction as necessary to complete task. Monitor contract, subcontract, and funding; prepare forecasts of program financial performance. Develop and deliver required contract, departmental, project and/or financial reports.
- Assist with NIP budget formulation and data balancing for the IC, to include: coordination of Program budgets; supporting the management of budget decisions; maintenance of OMB Fiscal Topline Controls; and, coordinating NIP resources within Department of Defense and OMB budget and programming systems.
- Provide data integrity control and technical support for the Intelligence Resource Information System (IRIS);
- Provide Congressional Budget Justification Book (CBJB) production support and resource exhibit generation for the client's NIP Summary Volume I and NIP program volumes;
- Provide CBJB budget briefings, studies and analysis support;
- Facilitate the development of tools for the recording, tracking and analysis of Congressional Budget Marks and the production of management reports;
- Conduct budget review of relevant NIP authorization and appropriation acts;
- Analyze and maintain IC historical budget trends to include assessments using inflation and deflation factors;
- Conduct budget analysis and studies for CFO management and staff, leadership, OMB and Congress utilizing IRIS and program office data;
- Perform NIP budget execution data collection, monitoring, and reporting to the client's Leadership, OMB, and Congress;
- Assist with NIP reprogramming and transfer actions internal operations and management support;
- Assist with NIP apportionment and allotment of appropriated resources operations to include generation and review of classified OMB Apportionment requests; and the generation of other funds control documents.
- Perform Ad Hoc budget analysis and data collection utilizing the Microsoft and IRIS installed analytical and financial software tools. Data collection activities may require collaboration with other CFO staff, Program Offices and contractor groups.
- Produce integrated visualization products to include the generation of graphical and tabular summary status reports utilizing the client's latest visualization software.
- Conduct new employee orientation training on the budget process, execution reviews, apportionment, funds allocation, reprogramming and IRIS tools.
- Provide advice, opinions, recommendations, ideas, reports analysis, and all other work products as required.
Requires BA/BS with 10 years of experience with at least 4 years of management level responsibility. Incumbent has specialized knowledge in at least one area of expertise and a general knowledge in 1-2 other areas.
The following are REQUIRED qualifications for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience as a financial management analyst in the Intelligence Community.
- A minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience leading a financial team (either as a staffer or a contractor) in the federal government of similar size and scope.
The candidate must possess at a minimum one (1) or more of the following certifications:
Certified Government Financial Manager (CGFM);
- Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM);
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- Program Management Professional (PMP); or
- Similar professional society certifications in financial management.
- Expertise in performing detailed data analysis;
- Strong knowledge of IC resident budget and accounting data within the Intelligence Resource and Information System;
- Familiarity with financial management processes of various IC programs;
- Experience with unique IC budget and execution systems; and
- Possession of necessary functional and technical skills to formulate analytical solutions.
The following are DESIRED qualifications for this position:
- Experience in creating, querying, and altering relational databases.
Experience with three (3) or more analytical tools, to include the financial control features of:
- Oracle Business Intelligence;
- Momentum Financials; and
- Other presentation and data visualization software.
Job ID 2018-50396
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program/Project Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time