Vencore Sr. Journalist in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Produce journalistically styled (i.e., using the Associated Press style guide) written articles with accompanying photographs and captions for IC-wide and public dissemination via client external and internal multi-media platforms and communications vehicles. Written articles may include, but are not limited to: news, feature and explanatory reporting and photo essays;
- Provide writing and editing support for workforce messages from the DNI, PDDNI, CMO, or other leadership to be distributed to client and IC workforces.
- Research and coordinate content with the appropriate component or agency, write and edit messages to ensure they are consistent with the clients writing standards, review messages prior to release, and format and release messages.
- Maintain database archive of messages;
- Provide support to the “Ask the DNI” program by coordinating and editing responses through the clients components or IC agencies.
- Provide support to the process of analyzing the questions submitted by the workforce and determining the strategic direction of each response, submitting and coordinating responses with the appropriate component or SME, and writing and editing each response as required, to ensure it meets IC policy and style standards.
- Maintain database archive of inquiries and responses
- Provide assistance with the planning, coordination and execution of IC and clients events and activities. Duties will include but are not limited to, facilitating attendance, marketing, branding, advertising, and organizing events.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Print Journalism.
• Ten (10) years of work experience in addition to the degree, related to the technical requirement against which the individual is slated to perform. Work experience may be concurrent with the pursuit of the degree.
• Minimum (3) years of experience working in the IC, which may be concurrent with the requisite ten (10) years of work experience.
• Demonstrated excellence in researching, reporting and writing news stories, features and explanatory articles using the Associated Press writing style.
• Expertise using the Associated Press Stylebook, (four (4) years as an editor reviewing final stories for publication).
• Demonstrated excellence with digital photography, which includes the use of digital cameras, and a demonstrated proficiency in the application of the principles of layout, design, editing, and production of multimedia photographic projects.
• Extensive experience in writing for multi-media platforms such as but not limited to, “Medium” and “Tumblr.”
• Extensive experience with managing effective working relationships with senior government or corporate leaders.
• Extensive experience in writing and editing official correspondence on behalf of senior government or corporate leadership to a variety of external stakeholders.
• Extensive experience in writing and editing executive-level workforce communication on behalf of senior government or corporate leadership.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including the demonstrated ability to communicate complex information and ideas to general audiences; expert knowledge of grammar and punctuation
• Extensive experience with managing competing priorities including writing and reporting under strict deadlines.
• Expert knowledge of the IC mission, objectives, requirements, and organization.
• Excellent interpersonal skills working with intra-agency and inter-agency partners.
Job ID 2018-50048
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time