Vencore Systems Integrator Technical Specialist in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Responsible for translating the client’s business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for very large complex IT solutions and integrating architecture. Acts as an advocate for the client as the ultimate authority on the architecture designed to address client business problems. Plans, implements, tests, documents, and maintains enterprise-wide solutions to total system or subsystems using internally created and/or off the shelf products. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications and standards, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem. Provides direction for design activities. Often project-based, sometimes working at customer sites.
Background & Responsibilities
Provide Systems Integration support in a fast-paced and dynamic customer environment. Responsibilities include full project lifecycle support; to include creation of project documentation; participation in gate reviews, tracking of project schedules, and monitoring of project financial status. The candidate will ensure stability of the technical baseline for all projects and report issues and concerns to appropriate project lead, COTR, and Branch management in a timely manner.
The candidate will be required to create SOWs, Acquisition Plans, and proactively contribute to historical/system insights to improve mission performance. The candidate will also be required to review projects and provide timely input to the customer on issues that arise. The candidate will be expected to respond to spontaneous customer management requests for project status updates in absence of COTR/PM.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly ramp up to support the customer’s needs, multi-task, work autonomously, take the initiative to provide creative alternatives to intractable challenges or systemic problems.
- Strong understanding of project lifecycle, awareness of and ensuring compliance to customer processes
- Experience in the preparation of programmatic artifacts such as Statements of Work (SOW), Gate Reviews, Spend Plans, Schedules, Financial Reviews, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment co-located with multiple contractor and customer teammates
- Support for ongoing development efforts including meeting facilitation, logistics, vendor communication, etc.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- 10-12 years experience
- TS/SCI with Poly
- Customer domain experience
- Experience in creating financial and contractual documentation
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD or years of expereince in lieu of Degree
Job ID 2018-50655
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time