Vencore Systems Integrator Technical Specialist/MBSE in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Systems Integrator position will serve within the tools team primarily to provide systems engineering support to the customer utilizing the CORE software tool. This position requires an individual capable of modeling complex, technical systems in CORE, and then integrating the system model in CORE with the system requirements defined in DOORS.
This position requires an individual with excellent interpersonal skills combined with the ability to quickly grasp the technical concepts within the client’s operational environment. The importance of a suitable positive attitude and can-do personality to successfully interact with the organization’s development and operations groups is underscored. A background in technical systems engineering, including hands-on engineering and project management with a demonstrated progression of responsibility is essential. Because of the fast pace and diversity of the client’s technical programs the position requires an individual who can rapidly review, and assess in-depth technical material, maintaining the client’s requirement for exceptional technical and programmatic integrity. The position requires the ability to simultaneously manage both high level and low level system views, combined with understanding of component level technical issues.
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.
- A bachelor or graduate degree in engineering (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace), or science field (Physics, Mathematics), or demonstrated equivalent technical experience over at least ten year period is required.
- Experience with Serena Business Mashups, Version Manager, and DOORS is required. Familiarity with CORE or Genesis is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience planning, developing, and deploying large scale systems of high technical complexity and operational risk.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, and collaboration skills, in a team environment and across organizational boundaries and interfaces with the client, SMEs, SETAs.
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to convey and explain complex issues concisely
- Experience working with organizations across the Intelligence Community.
- Evidence of sound judgement for working on sensitive operational programs.
- TS/SCI with Poly and BI, updated within the past 5 years.
A graduate degree in Systems Engineering and/or Systems Engineering Certification (University, INCOSE) is desired.
Job ID 2018-50167
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time