Vencore Web Developer IV in McLean, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 4,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Develops custom programs for web sites that will attract and appeal to users, and provide desired information. Creates web applications and components from the requirements stage, through design, through production deployment. Possesses a thorough knowledge of programming and server software operations. Develops new Web applications through packaged and customized applications. Creates Web front-end user interface to new or existing databases using a combination of HTML, SQL, C, VB or other languages to make business applications accessible. Designs and implements user-driven templates, databases and interfaces for ease of use. May create company-wide Intranet. Develops database-driven Web interfaces for rapid, real-time information sharing. Develops external Web portals allowing users to input and retrieve accurate information. Experienced in graphics, layout, scripting, programming, as well as development involving compatibility and seamless integration with various technologies such as Java and ColdFusion.
The candidate will design, build, test, implement, and optimize an organization-wide SharePoint collaboration site to support business and engineering functions for the customer. The candidate will collect and analyze detailed user and technical requirements, and translate these requirements into programming solutions that meet customer needs and expectations. The candidate must also be able to monitor the site performance to identify and resolve issues. To assist with resolving these issues, the candidates must be able to investigate and research solutions for the software products. Additionally, the candidate should stay up-to-date on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies, and recommend potential efficiencies, enhancements, or solutions when necessary. The candidate’s typical duties will include:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3 (Cascading Stylesheets 3)
- Working knowledge of content management systems (including Joomla dn WordPress)
- Experience with Responsive Web Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues an dways to work around them.
- Experience with design an dimage authoring programs such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop for logo design and image modification
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint)Proven experience in drafting and maintaining content for websites and blogs
- Prior customer experience
Job ID 2018-50184
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Web Applications
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time