Vencore Electrical Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Provide support to analyze and make recommendations for Environmental Test (ET), Acceptance Test (AT), Integration Test (IT), platform installation and check-out test evolutions for the prototype and test articles
- Participate in and make recommendations for improvement in environmental testing, acceptance testing, and integration testing for the prototype and test articles
- Provide support to develop and maintain environmental, acceptance, integration, platform installation and check-out test plans, specifications, and procedures for the prototype and test articles
- Attend meetings, record action items, and develop minutes and trip report.
Some types of testing may include:
- Radiation Hazard (RADHAZ)
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)
- System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT)
- Communications Range Testing
- Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability testing
- Software Beta testing
- Independent verification and validation
- Perform Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability (RMA) testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college or university and a target of ten years experience in the design, operation, maintenance or testing of maritime C4ISR equipment and systems; (3) years supervisory experience desired
- Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university may be used to substitute for five (5) years of work experience.
- Experience in the development of technical documentation utilizing military specifications and standards and have a working knowledge of US Government organizations, their functions and their responsibilities. for personnel proposed under this labor category.
Job ID 2018-50578
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time