Vencore Network Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN). Combatant Craft Division (CCD) is the Department of the Navy (DON) and Department of Defense (DoD) Center of Excellence for Total Craft Systems Engineering.
- Provide quality and responsive full spectrum and full life cycle engineering for combatant craft, boats, and other watercraft and associated hull, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Perform operational tests on equipment and circuits as required.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may be used to substitute for five (5) years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Automation, Autonomy, Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field and a target of ten (10) years of relevant experience, including a sound familiarity with interface protocols.
- Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level 3 or higher and the required certifications for the IAT level.
- Network+, Security+, and Security Certified Network Architect (SCNA) certifications with at least 2 years experience as an IAT Level 3.
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) certified.
- Good oral and written communication skills for direct client interface.
- Experience in supporting both the acquisition and user communities to meet communications needs.
- Knowledge and ability to establish system requirements; create architecture to support requirements; establish communications paths with system owners; develop test criteria; install equipment at designated site; perform operational tests on equipment and circuits as required.
- Eperience in any of the following areas: Maritime system design, autonomy, automation, networks, computers, test&evaluation.
- Secret level clearance required
Job ID 2018-50493
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time