Vencore Program Manager in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN). Combatant Craft Division (CCD) is the Department of the Navy (DON) and Department of Defense (DoD) Center of Excellence for Total Craft Systems Engineering. CCD provides quality and responsive full spectrum and full life cycle engineering for combatant craft, boats, and other watercraft and associated hull, mechanical, electrical, and electronic systems. Specific include the following:
- Prepare drafts of top level planning documents including all phases of JCIDs, DOD Instruction 5000.01/02, Program Management Plans and prepare inputs to and conduct reviews of top-level planning documents that direct or guide the efforts of tasks carried out in fulfilling the contract.
- Prepare management reports to include a Monthly Progress Report and Status report.
- Assist in establishing goals, milestones, program plans and policy including business plans, long and short range Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and implementation and execution strategies in support of program.
- Prepare technical reports to include system and equipment readiness and identify degradation trends.
- Recommend appropriate steps to redesign the system or component responsible for the degradation or make changes to the current maintenance plan or logistic support requirements, which include the development of appropriate documentation such as Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) or Field Change Proposal (FCP).
- Provide financial management support including analysis of program planning and other financial planning documentation with respect to budget submissions, spend plans, work plans, and obligation targets and thresholds.
- Perform cost benefit analysis, risk assessments, market surveys, and budget requirements.
- Develop spreadsheets and briefing forms appropriate for the analysis and presentation of information and provide reports of findings and recommendations.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and program reviews on behalf of initiatives supporting this contract.
- Develop a recommended agenda and establish a system to track action items, identify problems or issues, and produce meeting information, data, and minutes.
- Draft integrated test plans that delineate all developmental testing, periodic testing, inspections, and other system condition assessment methodologies.
- Develop Acquisition Plans (AP), Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs), Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSPs), Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plans (CRLCMP), Integrated Test Plans (ITP), Return on Investment (ROI), C4I Support Plan (C4ISP), and studies for the pilot or lead vessel of a class.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited college or university and a target of fifteen (15) years experience in the operation, maintenance, design, or testing of electronic or antonymous systems and equipment of which ten (10) years should have been at the program management level.
- Experience with maintenance strategies and maintenance systems as well as a detailed knowledge of US Navy and US Government organizations, their functions, and their responsibilities.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university may be used to substitute for five (5) years of work experience.
- Must have a current Secret level clearance
Job ID 2018-50580
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program/Project Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time