Vencore Project Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Prepare drafts of top level planning documents including all phases of JCIDs, DOD Instruction 5000.01/02, Program Management Plans and prepare inputs to and conduct reviews of top-level planning documents that direct or guide the efforts of tasks
- Prepare management reports to include a Monthly Progress Report and Status report. Assist in establishing goals, milestones, program plans and policy including business plans, long and short range Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and implementation and execution strategies in support of program.
- Prepare technical reports to include system and equipment readiness and identify degradation trends.
- Recommend appropriate steps to redesign the system or component responsible for the degradation or make changes to the current maintenance plan or logistic support requirements, which include the development of appropriate documentation such as Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) or Field Change Proposal (FCP).
- Provide financial management support including analysis of program planning and other financial planning documentation with respect to budget submissions, spend plans, work plans, and obligation targets and thresholds.
- Perform cost benefit analysis, risk assessments, market surveys, and budget requirements.
- Develop spreadsheets and briefing forms appropriate for the analysis and presentation of information and provide reports of findings and recommendations.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and program reviews on behalf of initiatives supporting this contract.
- When required will develop a recommended agenda and establish a system to track action items, identify problems or issues, and produce meeting information, data, and minutes.
- Draft integrated test plans that delineate all developmental testing, periodic testing, inspections, and other system condition assessment methodologies.
- Develop Acquisition Plans (AP), Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs), Navy Training Systems Plans (NTSPs), Computer Resources Life Cycle Management Plans (CRLCMP), Integrated Test Plans (ITP), Return on Investment (ROI), C4I Support Plan (C4ISP), and studies for the pilot or lead vessel of a class.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited College or University.
- 15 years of technical and program management experience in the operation, maintenance, design, or testing of ship or small boat C4ISR, autonomous, automation, networking, computer systems and equipment.
- Active Secret level clearance
Job ID 2018-50583
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Program/Project Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time