Vencore Software Engineer in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Recommend and perform or support redesign, modification, or alteration of software to facilitate system integration and/or improvements.
- Conduct software beta testing as necessary while creating and maintaining a software development process.
- Use Capability Maturity Model Integration for Development (CMMI-DEV) to develop and improve software processes.
- Provide software safety assessment, information assurance, and verification and validation methodologies for complex system solutions.
- possess the knowledge and ability to conduct systems analysis techniques for local and wide area networks, stand-alone computer systems, programmable controllers, and related peripheral equipment.
- Develop and review software and tools. Expertise shall include, but is not limited to, software developed in low level (machine) to very high level (abstract, goal oriented) programming languages.
The contractor shall have a mature Quality Assurance (QA) program that operates independently of the development of
Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related field and a target of ten (10) years of relevant experience, including a sound familiarity with programming techniques and various programming languages.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may be used to substitute for five (5) years of experience.
- Knowledgeable in the area of TEMPEST related issues and have the ability to manage potentially compromising emanations between computer systems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with CCD and make any developed software available for code reviews.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical guidance and skills in support of information systems development and integration efforts and experience with systems requirements analysis, data analysis and engineering, systems design, systems development, computer programming, systems testing and deployment, quality assurance, configuration management, and systems documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical and administrative support for information systems development tasks, including execution of technical tasks, the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and to user standards, and for progress in accordance with schedules.
- Experience with software security including PKI certificates and data encryption development.
Job ID 2018-50579
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time