Vencore Systems Analyst (mid-level) in Norfolk, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The Systems Analyst willl perform studies and analyses for current and future technologies applicable to watercraft and maritime technologies related to efforts undertaken in support The Combatant Craft Division's autonomous and intelligent system efforts.
Support may include the following:
- identification of possible solutions to meet a need
- feasibility studies
- screening of alternatives
- functional, performance, and material trade-off analyses
- assessment of system performance characteristics (modeling and physical test and evaluation)
- designing possible alternatives (modeling, breadboards, prototypes, engineering development models, etc.)
- technology readiness level assessments
- analysis of alternatives
- risk assessments and mitigation plans
- technology development strategies
- systems engineering and system architecture documentation
- technological trend assessment/analysis to identify opportunities for advancement of current capabilities
- finite element analysis (FEA)
- solid modeling
- reliability, availability, and maintainability analysis
- development of technical evidence to support proof of technical adequacy
- modeling and simulation
- validation and verification plans
The Systems Analyst will be capable of evaluating alternatives using factors such as technical performance, reliability and maintainability, cost, schedule, and all aspects of affordable system operational effectiveness.
- Requires 5 to 8 years with BS/BA or 3 to 5 years with MS/MA or 0 to 2 years with PhD.
- Ten (10) years of experience in autonomous, C4ISR or HM&E equipment and systems.
- Experience in the development of technical documentation utilizing military specifications and standards and have a working knowledge of US Navy/US Government organizations, their functions, and their responsibilities.
- Experience in any of the following areas: Maritime system design, autonomy, automation, networks, computers, test&evaluation
- Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level 1 certification or higher and the Certification and Accreditation Professional (CAP) certification.
Job ID 2018-50492
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time