Vencore Configuration Management Analyst Senior Technical Specialist in Reston, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Establishes and maintains the software library policies and procedures to be utilized by department personnel and other participating functions to ensure a standard approach to the application of software configuration management. Analyzes changes to configuration item products and associated documentation to determine changes to the library and prepares documentation necessary for change control. Writes and maintains standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation associated with the use, maintenance, and auditing of the software library and administering the associated Engineering Review Board (ERB). Facilitates ERBs and provides notification to all department personnel of any updates or changes to the software library, as specified by the ERB management and other functional groups through the Request For Change (RFC) process. Operates and administers the departments chosen software configuration management tool (e.g., GitLab), to support configuration identification, versioning control, reporting, and auditing. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new configuration management baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standard configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for department-wide use. May train engineers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of CM quality standards. May provide guidance to new department personnel. Works with standard commercial software products used for configuration management (e.g. JIRA and SharePoint)
SPECIFIC JOB DESCRIPTION:
The candidate will be responsible within a customer group to administer the software library and associated ERB. Accordingly, the candidate:
- Identifies and maintains the configuration of all software source codes, binaries, and associated documentation in the software library.
- Takes receipt of software deliverables, entering them into the software library, and reporting on the status and contents of the software library.
- Supports audits verifying that the software library continues to comply with policies and its requirements have been met.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in order to verify that library changes are ready to seek ERB approval.Works with software PMs to resolve issues and help define needs for change requests that could impede board approval.• Facilitates ERB meetings which may include creating agendas, tracking action items and preparing minutes.• Coordinates modification records for management control.• Ensures that customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies
The candidate will also provide back-up support to the programs existing configuration management team in managing baseline documentation for the customer’s organization. Other duties may include organizing executive level meetings and delivering executive-level reports. Meetings are both internal and external forums at the executive or enterprise level. Meeting preparation includes developing and coordinating the agendas, coordinating and compiling all briefing material, preparing notebooks for senior management, facilitating the conduct of the meeting, writing minutes and capturing and tracking action items. Extensive coordination, continuous communication, and flexibility are absolutely essential to successful execution of these front office tasks.
- Ability to build effective relationships with customer as well as staff
- Proficiency with other Microsoft Office suite products, to include PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Experience with GitLab (and/or GitHub) software configuration management tool
- Excellent Configuration Management, and organization skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Exhibit pro-active, agile, and dependable qualities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Configuration Management disciplines
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with JIRA
- Prior customer experience
- Software Technical Background
Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
Job ID 2018-50422
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Configuration Management
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time