Vencore Desktop Services Information Assurance Engineer in Reston, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Tasks include :
- Provide SME support to JPMO on ICD 503, NIST 800 series and the Risk Management Framework.
- Support day-to-day security/engineering tasks as required in the development, generation, and technical vetting of program studies/trades/plans and/or documents.
- Development and implementation of Security Assessment Plans to support the assessment of Desktop Services as new capacity, locations, and capabilities are added to the current baseline.
- Participate in the assessment of technical reviews, briefings, conferences, studies, trade analysis, monthly progress reviews, monthly business reviews, contract data deliverables, performance models/simulation trades supporting legacy system and future system performance analysis.
- Ensures community requirements are captured and analyzed in accordance with existing system security directives, policies, and requirements.
- Collaborates with Adoption Planning team to ensure coordination of requirements.
- Provide leadership to assure “best engineering” practices are applied across the Desktop Services programs and projects.
- Collect and apply “lessons learned” across supported Desktop Services projects, as applicable.
- Support and/or lead various technical meeting and boards, take and distribute minutes, as required.
- Participate in internal and external forums and develop recommendations relating to the Desktop Services program direction and guidance.
- Support and/or lead ad hoc studies and independent studies as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current technology and provide advice to the program leads on technology advancements.
- Provide expertise in the integration of multiple Desktop Services contract activities.
- Provide expertise in the management of risks (to include risk identification, quantification, and mitigation).
- Review and evaluate Task Order Requirements Packages and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP) to provide technical evaluation positions, as required.
- Provide engineering review board and configuration management support including Request for Change (RFC) preparation, technical review, and coordination.
- Assist program lead in monitoring and tracking program schedule, action items and discrepancy reports, create and maintain master schedules of projects.
- Review IC Component Enterprise and Desktop Services requirements/documents/plans and other related items as appropriate, for consistency and compliance with the Enterprise documentation.
- Prepare graphics, reports, engineering data and analysis in support of Government directed studies, reviews, conferences and briefings, as required.
- Capture risks/opportunities and track mitigation steps to closure of risk or realization of opportunity.
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / Math / Science / Engineering or related technical experience
- 11+ years of experience in related field
- 5 years of recent Information Security Systems Management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency and understanding of ICD 503 standards, security overlays, and practices
- Experience performing activities related to System Assessment and Authorization (A&A)
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency applying SE&I processes
- Systems Analysis Experience - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes
- Ability to identify technology gaps in current capabilities and processes
- Experience using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative technical solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Experience troubleshooting and problem-solving technical and non-technical issues
- Demonstrated ability/experience identifying/solving problems reviewing related info to develop/evaluate options and implement solutions with minimal supervision &/or direction
- Strong analysis and quality assessment skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently (self-managing) & within a team environment
- Strong oral & written communications skill with senior government & contractor personnel
- Demonstrated ability to explain technical issues clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-contractor / government / commercial organizations
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to changing priorities
- Proficient with MicroSoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, or related scientific or technical discipline
- DoD 8570 compliant at IAT III/IAM I
- CISSP certified (preferred)
- Security+ certified (minimum)
- Relevant Systems Engineering & Integration (INCOSE), IT (ITIL) and Agile certification
- Broad knowledge of the NGA and other Intelligence Community (IC) and DoD architectures and missions, both as-is and future vision
- Customer-service and goal oriented
- Familiarity with NGA and mission partner data and architecture systems.
Job ID 2018-50491
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time