Vencore Project Engineer IV (Tech) in Reston, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Responsible for technical/operational leadership of a project/mission or group of projects/missions within the programmatic guidelines set by the program manager and customer. Defines, generates, and reviews project requirements documentation. Performs technical studies to refine project requirements. Monitors project to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained. Provides the coordination between resource managers/supervisors and ensures all necessary reviews and approvals are received. May conduct performance/project analyses during phase-down to benefit future/other projects/missions/programs.
Requires 12 total years experience, 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
The IT Program Manager shall support/perform at least the following:
- Plan, organize and integrate cross functional IC DTE information technology that are significant in scope and impact
- Participate and assist with the IC DTE activities to ensure on-time completion
Coordinate and work closely with team members and assign individual task as required on the team
Recommends information technology strategies and procedures by assessing ICC TORPs, identifying problems, evaluating trends, and make recommendation regarding universal requirements
Work and assist with multiple ICC and contractors on one or more IC DTE activities
- Represent and assist the IC DTE JPMO in various governance and ICC forums as directed by the government
- Oversee and assist the government with the preparation and dissemination of IC DTE communication
- Assist and advise the government on the strategic analysis/plans for IC DTE
- Assist and advise the government in maintaining organizational efficiency and effectiveness by supporting IC DTE strategic plans for implementing IC DTE technologies by evaluating trends and identifying problems
Skills and Experience:
- Certified as a Program/Project Management Professional through a recognized professional organization (e.g. Project Management Institute – PMI) or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Excellent Communicator (oral and written), good interpersonal skills to work with the team
- Ability to work as a team member under tight deadlines with changing priorities
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Tool Suite Quality management and problem solving
- Communication, collaboration and coordination
- ITIL certified and or equivalent combination of education, training and ITIL experience
- Experience and knowledge within the Intelligence Community andIntelligence Community Information Technology Enterprise (IC ITE)providers
- Understanding of and experience with managed services approach to include the writing of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for IT services
- Understanding of and experience with activities related to the Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) of contractor performance
- Understanding how virtual systems, thin clients and thick clients work and when is the best time to apply them
Job ID 2017-48964
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time