Vencore Services Application Program Interface Systems Engineer in Saint Louis, Missouri
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Enable access to services through deployment of APIs and the API management tool, Apigee.
- Enable governance & access to services through development of documentation supporting API management (Apigee).
- Manage the governance process to include developing governing documents for security, standards, validation, service monitoring, metrics collection, SOPs, documentation, configuration management, developer on-boarding and customer outreach.
- Develop security based roles to manage developers of APIs. Provide engineering and integration supporting API tools that provide bundling, versioning, policy definition, policy inheritance, configuration first and code second capabilities, deep diagnostic capabilities for design, build, test, and run times.
- Lead development of API management and deployment and governance documentation: Conops definition, security, standards, validation, service monitoring, metrics collection, SOPs, documentation, configuration management, developer on-boarding and customer outreach.
- Responsible for functional IT environment, capabilities, design, implementation, and management (e.g. API Management).
- Provide system engineering and integration for the GEOINT Services deployment of Platform as a Service and specifically Application Programming Interface (API).
- Develop API governance documentation including: system developer/system user onboarding and offboarding process; API landing page tiered service model trouble ticket process; API inetrgation and deployment with other NGA/NSG Programs of Record.
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 11+ years in Systems Engineering or related field
- 5+ years in solution API management and goverance deploying APIs
- Knowledge and experience documenting security protocols and processes in API deployment
- 4+ years’ experience with IC, NSG or NGA operations (including mission partners)
- Demonstrated experience leading teams developing/integrating API interfaces across the capability, operational, and solution domains to include both structured (functional decomposition) and object techniques
- Excellent facilitation, oral presentation, and writing skills to include architecture model development
- Ability to work independently, within a team, and/or lead a team of other architects/engineers
- Experience using relevant API tools (e.g. Apigee)
- Experience developing documentation pertaining to Platform as a Service and API integration and deployment
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience working with DoD Services (USAF, USN desired) & combatant commands
- API Credentials by a recognized Government or academic institution
- Working knowledge of agile engineering principles, Scrum agile, or SAFe Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of the NGA acquisition process and RFC process to include RFC preparation
- Experience in End to End performance analysis
- Awareness and use of key community reference models
Job ID 2018-50285
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time