Vencore Systems Administrator (Active Directory) in San Diego, California
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
- Develop Microsoft Windows Active Directory (AD) architecture for new/replacement systems and services.
Operate and maintain exiting AD infrastructure and integrations:
AD LDAP extension with Oracle Virtual Directory (OVD)
- AD LDAP extension with Optimal IdM Identity Management
- AD integration utilizing PKI and DoD CACs
- MS SharePoint 2010 and 2016
- Integrate and Maintain Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) Using F5 as the ADFS Proxy and Single Sign On (SSO) for user access to; MS SharePoint 2010 and 2016, Microsoft Azure, Other Cloud Services
- Provide Tier III support of all AD requests using the ChangeGear ticketing system averaging 35 Tier III tickets per month
- Provide written technical specifications for Active Directory services projected for use
- Evaluate vendor proposed physical server computing equipment against AD technical requirements
- Provide in-depth analysis and recommendation reports regarding the ability of proposed products to meet DCMA requirements
- Produce Technology Specifications and Recommendation Reports, including process and deployment documentation
- Deliver First Article Evaluation reports
- Communicate professionally in written and verbal form with co-workers, company, and customer
8+ years’ experience in Information Technology, OR Bachelors degree and 4 years' experience
Including 4 years demonstrated Microsoft Active Directory administration and support experience in the following areas: (Active Directory LDAP Integration; Active Directory Federation Services; Microsoft SharePoint 2010 & 2016; Creation, modification, deployment, operation and maintenance of Active Directory Systems & Services; Single Sign On integration; Experience with DoD PKI CAC environment; System backup/restore procedures; System security practices and STIG compliance; System tuning; User administration; Software and hardware installation and maintenance; File management and system troubleshooting; System accreditation support (RMF); Call center / help desk support experience)
- 2+ years’ experience as the lead Active Directory support developer in an operations environment with multiple Active Directory based applications.
- A Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in computer science, computer engineering, or information systems or related discipline may be substituted for four (4) years of Active Directory support experience
- DoD 8570 IA Baseline Certification at Level IAT II (example: Security + CE)
- DoD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) Certification for supported environments, specifically Microsoft certification including Active Directory.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in a professional technical environment
The ability to pass a completed National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation with FBI fingerprints for public trust position.
Job ID 2018-50203
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Information Technology
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time