Vencore Army Watercraft Logistics Support Vehicle Data Monitor in Schofield Barracks, Hawaii
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Summary: The Watercraft LSV Data Monitor collects operations and maintenance data, enters or imports data into a data review application, validates collected data, performs edit and quality control checks to achieve data accuracy, and approves and forwards reviewed data to the quality manager in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Understands the mission and purpose of the Sample Data Collection (SDC) program as explained in the Field Monitors Guide (FMG).
- Achieves data collection and review competency upon initial hire and recertifies annually.
- Develops and maintains excellent rapport with client unit personnel through periodic visits and meetings.
- Enrolls and disenrolls inventory as directed by program management.
- Monitors equipment usage and maintenance performed on client unit enrolled vessels.
- Collects enrolled vessel digital and non-digital operations and maintenance data.
- Manually enters or electronically imports validated data into the SDC data review application.
- Assesses and interprets collected data by performing research and conducting unit interviews.
- Processes validated data by performing edit and quality control checks in accordance with the FMG, applicable technical manuals, and other references.
- Approves data and transmits to management for quality assurance review.
- Maintains and files digital records and forms as required by the FMG.
- Travels to client unit locations by motor vehicle or commercial transportation, as required.
- Performs administrative functions such as preparing and receiving email, obtaining and maintaining access to required Government websites and repositories, preparing and submitting basic reports and resource requests, completing corporate and Government training requirements, entering time and expenses into the timesheet application, and periodically cleaning office area and site vehicles.
- Must be able to legally and safely operate Vencore, Inc. leased or owned vehicles.
Foreign Location Deployments: The position is based in Hawaii but may require temporary OCONUS deployment for up to 18 months. Therefore, the following requirements apply:
- Must be able to obtain a valid US passport and travel to a foreign country.
- Must comply with all U.S., host nation, and third country laws.
- Must comply with U.S. regulations, directives, instructions, policies, and procedures.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position duties satisfactorily. Additionally, the employee must be able to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma is required (Associates Degree preferred).
Five (5) years Logistics Support Vessel maintenance experience.
Former maritime Army Non-Commissioned Officer or Chief Warrant Officer with Army Watercraft maintenance and operations experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook, and database entry.
Capable of minor troubleshooting and repair of computer hardware / software.
Good oral and written communication skills.
Excellent customer service skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, vision, speech and hearing. The position requires walking, sitting, climbing steps, occasionally lifting of file drawers, equipment and other items up to 75 lbs., moving of equipment and furniture, entering and exiting Army watercraft, and cleaning the contractor office area and motor vehicles used to travel to client units. The operation of a motor vehicle and an excellent driving record is required. The position requires frequent use of a computer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the functions of this job. The position requires daily trips to client unit locations which typically include unit facilities, sea ports, and onboard the LSV. Visits may be made in varying climatic conditions to include temperatures ranging from below freezing to 100 degrees above Fahrenheit. The Sea DM will split their work time between the client unit location and the contractor office. Occasional travel may be required to include travel on open water onboard a LSV for several hours or multiple days.
Job ID 2018-50694
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time