Vencore Agile Software Developer in Silver Spring, Maryland
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Software development lead to support the Earth Observation Requirements Evaluation System (EORES) Application development effort for NOAA and USGS to work together to design, develop, and document a system, using current agile technologies, that will support the work of:
- conducting observing system portfolio analysis
- capturing, verifying, and validating system-independent observing requirements
- capturing, querying, and assessing “value-tree” information at the organizational and inter-agency levels
- Lead for system design, planning, execution, and coding and maintenance of a database application for storing and managing Earth observing requirements, observation capabilities, and value assessments
- Support the continued development EORES, a database structure that reflects the end-to-end value-based tree for Earth observations.
- Define innovative methods, develop plans, and code and build tools to analyze and use data from EORES.
- Investigate, provide solutions, and make recommendations to solve application issues and shortcomings, including performing trade studies of commercial alternatives to building systems in-house.
- Support the Division IPTs and working group activities with analytical and NOAA IT infrastructure expertise
- Foster and maintain intra-and inter-NOAA partnerships, including: TPIO division level
- Representing NOAA’s interests working with the NESDIS OCIO, who maintains NESDIS IT infrastructure.
Bachelor's (or equivalent) with 8 - 10 yrs of experience, or a Master's with 6 - 8 yrs of experience.
Agile S/W Development experience using these tools/platforms/concepts:
- Set up and managed agile development environments and CD/CI/DevOps pipelines including scrum, XP, and Kanban
- Customized and integrated COTS products such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Version control using GIT, TFS, and Artifactory.
- Collaboration using JIRA, TFS, and SharePoint
- Configuration Management using Ansible and iTop.
- Microsoft Test Manager and Selenium for test frameworks
Certifications are desired
NOAA Public Trust access is required, processing will be submitted before Day 1.
This position located in Silver Spring, MD may require limited travel to local NOAA offices. This role is typically 40 hours per week with limited or no overtime required. One day of telecommuting may be approved by the Customer after confidence/routine is established with the Customer.
Considered an emerging authority, who applies extensive technical expertise. Develops technical solutions to complex problems. Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
Job ID 2018-49667
# of Openings Remaining 1
Category Software Development
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Public Trust
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time